Organised by the 15th Airedale Scout Group, the Rombalds Stride Winter Challenge starts and finishes at St. Oswald’s Junior School in Guiseley. The route takes in some of Yorkshire’s finest scenery, going up the Airedale Valley, over Rombalds Moor to Ilkley and across Otley Chevin.
The 23 mile route is to be completed within a 10 hour time limit. Checkpoints will close on a 2mph walking speed.
The event limit is 500 so please book early.
Saturday 3th February 2018
- Abide by the rules, observe the country code and keep to public footpaths & rights of way.
- Retire at manned checkpoints only ensuring that Marshal’s are advised and hand in Tally.
- Visit checkpoints in the correct order & have Tally card stamped at each.
- Obtain written permission from the organiser’s for any proposed transfer of entries prior to the event.
- Be a minimum age of 12 years for scout association members. All other competitors must be 18 years or older.
- It is strongly recommended that all competitors carry or wear long trousers (no jeans or cords), cagoules, over-trousers, first aid kit, OS Landranger map 104 or Explorer maps 297 & 288, compass, bivi bag, emergency rations, torch, a mug and food for the day.
- If arriving by road, park vehicles considerately and take care to not cause any obstruction on the narrow streets in and around Guiseley. Limited parking is available on Netherfield Road near the railway station.
REGISTRATION AND START:
Competitors must register between 07:30hrs & 08:30hrs when they will receive their Tally. Event briefing at 08:45hrs ready for a mass start at 09:00hrs.
Light refreshments will be provided en route and transport back to the school for all retiring competitors will be available from radio checkpoints. A hot meal will be served to all competitors at the end. Please indicate below if a vegetarian meal is required.
Application forms should be available from September 2017.
Entry form pdf download